Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Electrical Storm (or lack thereof) Changes Time!

There is no other way to top off such a wonderful visit at Niagara Falls other than an overnight stop at Wal-Mart. Nothing like free lodging! Except….when all of a sudden the 12v electricity in the motor home shuts off. Everything. Dead.

I moan.

I almost had the kids in bed and about to enjoy an hour of actually getting something done – like looking for a job! Nothing important mind you. But now…how the heck am I going to figure this out? Me an electrician, and 12v at that? No way, but, no choice either. I tuck the children in bed, tell them to flush with no water, and then I start checking all the fuses. 1x. 2x. Front. Back. Inside. Outside. Fridge fuse. Fan fuse. Breakers. Nothing’s wrong! Ok…time to break out the manuals.

C’s heading to bed and I pop in to give her the frustration update. As I report my electrical prowess and all that I had checked multiple times I mention to her…”I just don’t get it. The power just went out all at once”. She asks, “Did you check the switch by the door?”

It’s just not fair. The switch by the door. Yes, there’s a little switch that turns off the power to the entire motor home to save the batteries. Well…somehow little RR’s feet tripped it while playing joyfully in her own little world which resulted in me being in mine!

I flip the switch. ON comes the electricity. An hour later and it’s time for bed – with no work done.

I’m not frustrated or mad, just slowly realizing that God is in control. 12v, job search, and, all. He took “my time” so that I would need to rely on “His time”. I guess you could say it was time for me to change my clock.

No comments: