Monday, July 14, 2008

"Where's My Shoe??"

Shoes. We only have about 2 pairs each. There just isn’t room. You’d think this would mean they are always accessible, always available, always within sight, always within reach.

Think again.

“Where’s my shoe? Has anyone seen my shoe!!??”
(Chorus) “No”.
“Look where the shoes are.”
“I did. It’s not there. That’s why I’m asking!”
“I didn’t wear them last – you did! Where did you put them?”
“I don’t know”.
“Did you put them away in the box by the door?”
“Yes”.
“If you put them there, it should be there”.

(Dear reader, it should be noted that shoes aren’t allowed past the entry stairs and often are stored on
the stairs…so, they can’t go very far....)

“I looked.”
“Look again.”
(Sister) “There it is!”
“No. That’s the one I already found. I’m looking for the other one!”
“Oh.”
(Mom) “OH NO! Did it fall out at Walmart?”
“I don’t know”.
(Mom) “If it did, I’m charging you. $25 buckaroos!”
(Mom) “Hurry up and find it. We have to go!”
“I’ll pay anyone a quarter who can find my shoe!”
“Here it is. It’s in the shoe box.”

It’s amazing how a little money can still go a long ways these days.

By the way, a note to parents – when having your children to look for their shoes, provide the following instructions: “Open BOTH eyes WIDE and look, and, you actually might find it if you move a few things in the pile”.

1 comment:

Good Yarns said...

$$$$ is a great motivator for my missing things. I ask the kids if they saw the pool key...no interest or response. Then I offer them $1 for each of the two missing pool keys and they search like crazy detectives.

Of course, it was later found by me in an obscure purse I brought to the pool one day.